CSPAN Call in

CSPAN will replay the earlier show this morning at 11:30 AM on

"Call-In

Nuclear Power Vulnerability

C-SPAN, Washington Journal

Washington, District of Columbia (United States)

ID: 166804 - 2 - 10/22/2001 - 0:40 - $29.95

Leventhal, Paul, President, Nuclear Control Institute (1997-)

Mr. Leventhal will discuss the vulnerability of nuclear power plants to

a terrorist attack. "

The website schedule can be found at

http://inside.c-spanarchives.org:8080/cspan/cspan.csp?command=dschedule

This morning on 90.1 FM in the Washington DC listening area Mr.

Leventhal stated he thinks we need the National Guard showing force at

all NPPs and in addition artillery at the NPPs, among other ideas for

increased security to what he considers not an adequately protected

industry.  Also mentioned is the need for the NRC to be removed from any

ties with industry, etc....   I only heard a few comments, but others

amounted to the "thousands that will get cancer" from meltdowns to one

caller who stated something to the effect that "I'm afraid of radiation

as is everyone..."

Interesting show.

Steve Hand

Radiation Safety