Re: Why effects of LDR differ from metabolism

The following from Jerry Cohen:

 From: "Jerry Cohen" <jjcohen@prodigy.net>

 To: "Jacobus, John (OD/ORS)" <jacobusj@ors.od.nih.gov>,

<tedrock@CPCUG.ORG>,

         "RadSafe" <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

 Subject: Re: Why effects of LDR differ from metabolism

 Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 14:14:32 -0800

 > I do believe we can say there is no harmful effects, and that is about

 which

 > we need to educate the public.  You are trying to convince the public low

 > doses of radiation are good.That will be a trough row to hoe.  I think

 > people would like to see limits rather than purported benefits.

 We are way beyond 1984, so it is understandable why we need to suppress

 valid information in order to maintain our credibility. Nevertheless, it

 bothers me that evidence showing beneficial effects of LDR should not be

 made public information. Suppose that low-dose radiation effects really

were

 good for people. Wouldn't it be awful if that news got out.