Re: Purpose of the List

Ladies, Gentleman and colleagues:

Let me start by saying that I have been off and on this list for several

years now.  I was steered this direction by a colleague who thought I might

be interested in the discussions that take place here.  At the outset, I

truly was.  Today, I am not.  This has become an outlet for personal

opinion.  Not professional outlooks on health physics.  Several years ago I

learned and absorbed many new ideas on health physics from many different

people from different realms of the HP community on this listserver.  Why

can that not continue today?  Although the horrors of 9/11 haunt us all, why

do we discuss such ridiculous and benign theories that we do here?  If

anthrax is a plausible discussion topic here, why do we not discuss it

scientifically?  This list does not emulate life!!!  This list emulates

radiation protection!!!!  I am in no means advocating mob rule, but rather,

the professional discussion of pertinent radiation protection topics on this

list server.  Is that such a difficult and ridiculous request??  I am not a

Ph.D.  I am simply a radiation protection professional who wants to discuss

radiation protection issues professionally. I am from the commercial nuclear

and environmental aspects of health physics and know very little about DOE(I

know that is a different world).  Let's leave the politics out of it folks.

We have plenty of people in Washington to take care of that for us.

Mitchell W. Davis, RRPT

Radiation Protection Consultants

Midland, TX

(I'm self-employed....I don't care want my employer thinks about my

comments....)