RE: Rad Worker Layoff??

In a case of my actual observance, the individual was able to perform duties

not requiring dosimetry, but within the general scope of duties, for the

duration.  Access control point in fact - he just had to stay the heck away

from the portal monitor.

It is also worth noting that the 'condition' lasted far longer than the

NucMed told him to expect.  I was eyewitness to his discovery of this after

he had stayed out on leave for the expected decay time.  As the most readily

available transport was the rad material transporter, and being the merry

prankster I am, I hung a "Caution Radioactive Material" tag around his neck

and had the transporter take him to the dispensary for a body count.

It was a month or so before he could wear dosimetry.

I've been circumstantial enough that at least one other Radsafer knows who

and when I'm talking about; if memory serves he was our supervisor at the

time. :-)

Dave Neil		neildm@id.doe.gov

		Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - And most

fools do. --- Dale Carnegie