Re: Rad Worker Layoff??

I really hate it when we as a society boil everything down to whether or not

a particular action is legal, or whether or not the party taking such action

can be sued.  To lay someone off because he or she had a medical procedure

done, even if it's legal, is immoral-- plain and simple.  If my employer was

in the habit of doing that sort of thing I would consider quitting

immediately; at the very least I'd be actively seeking employment elsewhere.

Now for the pragmatic argument:  It's probably illegal at least in a few

states, it's certainly something that would send the union into a frenzy,

and it would probably-- and rightly-- get the employer sued.

Yes, you take the worker's TLD away.  You don't let him go anywhere until

you're sure he can get through the PCM.  You might even keep him away from

your other monitored workers in order to prevent false TLD readings.  But

you don't lay him off.  In fact, if you have no suitable work for him to

perform, then send him home with pay for a few days.

Glenn