Re: Crows

Susan, Ruth, Ted, & anyone else who cares,

    I wish we lived in a world where Susan is right, but it seems

more likely that Ruth's views reflect reality. Wouldn't it be nice if

sufficiently strong scientific evidence, per se, could convince the

political establishment. If all it took to influence policy were strong

scientific evidence, then LNT would have been discarded long ago.

Unfortunately, too many politicians, bureaucrats, and "scientists"

are feeding at the LNT trough. Unless they could be convinced that

it would be in their best political interests to change their attitude,

it is not very likely that the situation will change.

From: Susan Gawarecki <loc@ICX.NET>

>Why aren't the regulators buying this?  Because (a) they apparently do not

>think scientifically, (b) they seem to be scared to death of activist

>opinion,which they call "public opinion,"and(c) the decisions are made by

>political appointees, who are generally selected on the basis of campaign

>contributions or long-standing support.  This is true for both political

parties.About 25 years ago EPA had excellent evidence for making the ozone

From: Ruth Weiner, Ph. D. ruthweiner@aol.com