RE: Reactor Containments and Terrorist Attacks

Ted Rockwell wrote:
<snip>
I believe it would be easy to show that the fuel-bearing tanks in an airplane wing can simply NOT penetrate a containment structure, so the worst you could have is a crack in the concrete and perhaps part of the engine lying on the deck.  The plant probably wouldn't even shut down.
<snip>
Am I the only guy that thinks such statements should not be allowed to stand unchallenged?
<snip>

 No, I definitely think that such statements should be challenged -- but I believe its very helpful, in making a case to the public, to have some graphic evidence to support that case. Could somebody PLEASE help dig up a few photos of that impact test of a military jet into a containment-type wall ? This goes back quite a few years, and I haven't been able to dig it up from my own files. The test was probably done at Sandia (???).
In addition to that, it is illustrative to show how containment walls are built (like that photo in B. L.  Cohen's book,  Before its too late - The Case for Nuclear Energy), as well as some information on airliner structures, including the internals of large turbofan engines (possibly on a Pratt & Whitney web site ?). Comparisons may then be made with other objects that were impact tested, including that military jet & its engine(s).

Jaro