Re: Another low-dose vs. high-dose biological response

John,

Yes, and Don't know!? :-)

Don't know:  Physiologists will have to say whether/what overall health

benefits come from the specific low-dose, and inverse dose-response, for

circadian rhythm in the central nuclei and peripheral lymphocyte.

OTOH, this does, again, show that biological responses in whole organisms,

in this case the cAMP/cGMP ratio, have opposite outcomes at low vs. high

radiation doses, that are sufficiently great to have explicit effects

relevant to the functioning of the organism.

It IS non-linear. It is NOT even "none" until some damage threshold is

reached.

Alone it is not important.  But, as a result consistent with thousands of

other studies that show non-linear dose-responses, specifically in

conditions of whole organisms, including humans, show macroscopic outcomes

that explicitly reverse at moderately high doses/dose-rates.

Jim

===