RE: Rad Worker Layoff??

Tom and Barbara

Be careful about sending workers back into areas that require frisking for

contamination.  Some of radionuclides have low levels of contaminates that

may remain in the active even after the primary imaging radionuclide has

decayed away.  For example Tl-210 has a half life of 73.1 hours.  However,

the trace contaminate Tl-202 has a half life of 12.0 days.  The dose to a

dosimeter would be trivial, but I would scan every worker who has undergone

a nuclear medicine procedure before allowing them to go through a portal

monitor.

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist