Re: Rad Worker Layoff??

Actually, my point was that there are laws protecting  workers receiving medical treatment from being terminated, and that the employer must take care to be able to prove that the worker's temporary disability (ie, not being able to use a TLD) was a hardship for the company.

I don't disagree with anything youse guys are saying - other than the fact that by bringing up ANI defacto rules for the Action Levels requiring dosimetry you are assuming that the facility in question is a reactor. I don't recall what type of facility was being discussed hence the use of 10CFR20 regs.

Barbara Reider, CHP

Oh, how simple that would be in a sensible world.  But unfortunately, we

live in the World of Nonsense.  My understanding is that ANI "recommends"

not one, but TWO dosimeters, one by a NVLAP certified dosimetry services

provider, for anyone expected to receive 100 mrem in a calendar year (2% of

the legal limit), and that meticulously-maintained records be kept until 30

years beyond license termination of every dosimeter reading and every entry

into an RCA.