RE: nuclear plant threat

It's amazing the lengths some people go when talking

about shutting down nuclear plants.  Look at the

latest one: they are vulnerable to terrorist attacks

so they need to be shut down.

All I ask of anti-nukes is consistency in reason.

Nothing more - nothing less.  If we are to immediately

remove 20% of our electrical supply (let's not even

tlak about the sever disruption that would cause to

our country!) simply because of the threat to

terrorism, then let's look at everything we should get

rid of becuase its vulnerable to terrorist attack.

Where do we start?  Shopping malls, sports stadiums,

large office complexes, apartment buildings?  The list

could go on and on of things that we'd need to stop

simply becuase they are vulnerable to terrorist

attacks.

I think that some of the most vulnerable are the LNG

tanks at New York harbor that are "guarded" by simple

chain link fences.  A terrorist could simply plant a

bomb next to one and light up half of Eastern NYC!

Why aren't the anti-nukes screaming about the Port of

new York then?  Are they really interested in safety

or just interested in shutting down nuclear plants?

Tim

Find a job, post your resume.

http://careers.yahoo.com