RE: Survey meter question

Please:

the ADM-300 is so old that the microprocessor (an 18 something) must be

bought on special order, it has so many electronic parts that any failure

evaluation code will give you a two digit MTBF, it is priced too high and is

was manufactured by morons (a Sudaker Pandey) outside CE and FCC norms.

NRC is now dead (management were idiots), it was bought for peanuts by Aptec

who was bought by Eurysis and now I believe it is Canberra or maybe

Framatome, French in any case.

Plenty radiation monitors on the market, some new, some old, some blue and

some lemons: you got me started, but here I better stop: why not run a

search on Google?

Marco

http://chemitech.com

Peter,

One of the best kits I've ever used is the NRC ADM-300 kit.  It has

different probes (NaI, bg pancake, alpha scin, even a neutron detector if

you want it).  Without any probes attached, it is a rate meter.  All you

have to do is change the probe and the instrument recognizes the change.

You can also set exposure rate and total dose alarms.  Automatic scaling.

Pretty slick and very easy to use.  Used by FRMAC.  Kit without neutron

probe is about 10" X 2' X 2.5'.

Randy Redmond