RE: Survey meter question

Peter,

One of the best kits I've ever used is the NRC ADM-300 kit.  It has

different probes (NaI, bg pancake, alpha scin, even a neutron detector if

you want it).  Without any probes attached, it is a rate meter.  All you

have to do is change the probe and the instrument recognizes the change.

You can also set exposure rate and total dose alarms.  Automatic scaling.

Pretty slick and very easy to use.  Used by FRMAC.  Kit without neutron

probe is about 10" X 2' X 2.5'.

Randy Redmond

BWXT Y-12 L.L.C.

Y-12 National Security Complex