Re: Future role for NRC?

we have EPA and OSHA, buit the Atomic Energy Commission predated both.  Radioactive materials have been regulated since we started producing them in significant amounts.  Moreover, the users and producers really didn't fight regulation the way that the major polluting industries did.  Other hazardous substances were in use for a long time before the industries that produced them could be persuaded or forced into a regulatory scheme.  NEPA and EPA and OSHA date from 1970.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com