US Bill: Mandatory KI Stockpiling

All,

If the K in KI is potentially harmful to the heart, why not use NaI as a

thyroid blocker instead of KI? I always thought it was simply the iodine ion

(I+) that was important in blocking further uptake of radioiodine.

Wes

Wesley R. Van Pelt, PhD, CIH, CHP

Wesley R. Van Pelt Associates, Inc.

Consulting in Radiation Safety and Environmental Radioactivity.

http://home.att.net/~wesvanpelt/Radiation.html

mailto:wesvanpelt@att.net