Re: US Bill: Mandatory KI Stockpiling

Wes

My understanding is that the Na ion is thought to be more of a hazard than

the K ion.

Another point to add to this discussion is that most, if not all, risk

calculations assume that the % uptake is that given in ICRP Pub. 71 or

earlier reports (~30%). The average NA value is usually more like 5%.

John R Johnson

4535 West 9th Ave.

Vancouver, B. C.

V6R 2E2