RE: Norm avoids nothing!

> we need NOW to get the waste off the nuclear power sites so that we do not

have to worry about terrorist attacks on waste.

If nuclear waste does not pose a significant public hazard (defined as less

of a hazard than other toxic materials stored at thousands of locations

across the country), which I think is demonstrable beyond doubt by simple

engineering calculations, then why is reducing 100 such locations to one a

task worthy of spending billions on?

The factors other than public hazard that argue for moving the waste from

some sites should be examined and resolved on their individual merits,

without involvement of hysterical safety claims.  That should not be much of

a problem in that context.

And why does a material that loses its toxicity over time cause greater

concern than other toxicants that retain their toxicity forever?

Ted Rockwell