From: ncohen12@HOME.COM [mailto:ncohen12@HOME.COM]

Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 8:05 AM

To: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Subject: legionaires disease

Dear Floyd,

Yes, I know that. In fact I was sure that the disease started in Philly

at the Ben Franklin Hotel at a legionairres convention. Thats why I was

surprised to see a reference to cooling towers causing the disease. I

forget which radsafer posted that info last

wek.

norm

"Flanigan, Floyd" wrote:

> As to the legionaire's issue:The desease got it's name from an

American Legion Post down wind from a cooling tower which bred the

bacteria which causes the desease.Several of those whom frequented the

post contracted the desease and died , hence the name.

> --

radsafe" (no quote marks) in the body of the e-mail, with no subject

line.