Re: Fwd: CNRS position (questions)

Jean,

1. Is this project aiming for the "safer" waste

management.

2. What are the "special" hazards or disposal

difficulties, associated with these nuclides

being together in the waste stream?

3. Are there specific REGULATORY disposal

difficulties associated with these nuclides being

together?

4. Is there a "mixed waste" problem?

5. Separation of Tc, Mo, Se, Zr,Sn FROM Uranium?

6. If so wouldn't be it more effective to use at

first, mass separation in the centrifuge and then

further electrochemical separation one from

another?

7. Is there only Extraction/Separation of

mentioned nuclides and their SEPARATE disposal?

8. Extraction/Separation and Recycling?

9. If there is recycling involved what is your

projected "effective cost" ?

10. What are the monetary savings in your project

from the separate disposal/recycling versus

simple combined disposal?

I am assuming, Uranium is the main bulk material.

11. Is French the project's language?

12. I really appreciate that forwarded by you

positing had project's specific technical

information.

However, the salary (financial compensation)

number

would be a very helpful factor in a candidate

search efforts.

Good luck,

Emil.

You wrote:

>products- nuclear waste management.

>This project concerns the specification of Tc,

Mo, Se, Zr, and Sn, their

>interactions with some actinides of which

uranium. The methods used in

>this frame are mainly electrochemistry

> The aim of this project concerns the

improvement of extraction and

>radionuclides separation procedures  ( PUREX,

environnmental ).  We need

>to  improve the chemical properties knowledge of

these ions in aqueous

From: Jean Charles ABBE

Subject: Fwd: CNRS position

>Bonjour,

>Nature and scope of the job : Speciation of

actinides and fission

>products- nuclear waste management.

>This project concerns the speciation of Tc, Mo,

Se, Zr, and Sn, their

>interactions with some actinides of which

uranium. The methods used in

>this frame are mainly electrochemistry (

voltampérometry,

>inpedencemetrie, etc), capillary

electrophoresis, spectroscopy

>(fluorescence, SAX).

> The aim of this project concerns the

improvement of extraction and

>radionuclides separation procedures  ( PUREX,

environnmental ).  We need

>to  improve the chemical properties knowledge of

these ions in aqueous

>media.

>This project is developped in collaboration with

CEA and several

>international laboratories of which the Institut

of Physic and Chemistry

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1