RE: Nuclear Waste - The REAL Problem!

Jerry,

	Very well stated.  Your phrase "nuclear waste is not a problem to be

solved. Rather,

it is a problem to be studied" is timely and timeless.  It aptly reflects

thoughts I have held for years but could not so ably express.  It brings to

my mind an old Dilbert cartoon entitled "Analysis as a Tool to Avoid

Decisions"

This application of never-ending study was painfully brought home to me in

my years working at WIPP, embodied in the likes of certain "stakeholder"

groups, and other, outright opponents, like the Southwest Research and

Information Center. It is a political miracle that WIPP ever began

operations.

Bates Estabrooks

Facility Safety-EUO Restart

BWXT Y-12