Re: From NCI- News Hours Transcript 11/2/01; Focus- Nuclear Safeguards

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 06:07:49 -0800 (PST)

From: Tim <tstead@ntirs.org>

Subject: Re: From NCI- News Hours Transcript 11/2/01; Focus- Nuclear

Safeguards

I have already sent them an email.

There should be NO discussion as to whether or not

spent fuel can explode as such an event is physically

impossible.  There can be NO defending anyone that

claims to be a Nuclear Engineer who makes such

assertions, either.

Listen, this isn't some minor error that can get lost

in some technical details, the issue of commercial

nuclear fuel and a nuclear explosion are much, much

more fundamental than that.  I am not perfect - I have

made technical errors along with everbody else, but

the statement I refer to is quite frankly an

inexcusable error coming from someone who is supposed

to be a Nuclear Engineer.

I don't care what credentials someone has, their

credibility is severely damaged when they make such

ridiculous statements that even Freshmen Nuclear

Engineering students SHOULD know to be false.

When anti-nukers decide to stop trashing the truth and

intentionally misleeding people then more civil

discussions are in order.  In the meantime, those that

intentionally misleed people and make seriously

incorrect statements while disguising themselves as

experts need to be rooted out and dealt with.  They do

nobody any justice and I will not stand idly by

watching people do this without exposing their lies.

Regards,

Timothy C. Steadham, P.E.

- --- Norman Cohen <ncohen12@HOME.COM> wrote:

> Tim,

> It's ashame you feel that you must trash Dave

> Lochbaum, who's credentials I've

> posted to this list. Is it impossible for radsafers

> to have a civil

> discussion?

> If you have a question abut what Dave said, contact

> him at UCS. He's always

> answered any and all questions I've posted to him.

> peace

> norm

Find a job, post your resume.

http://careers.yahoo.com