Re: From NCI- News Hours Transcript 11/2/01; Focus- Nuclear Safeguards

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 07:46:32 -0500

From: "dkosloff1" <dkosloff1@EMAIL.MSN.COM>

Subject: Re: From NCI- News Hours Transcript 11/2/01; Focus- Nuclear

Safeguards

Mr. Lochbaum is not a "nuclear engineer", he is an engineer who has been

trained to work in nuclear facilities.  He is probably a mechanical

engineer, based on what I have seen about his experience in the nuclear

industry.  He has also been trained as a reactor operator.

I think that is an important distiction that the general public does not

understand.  However, he also has a current employer which has specific

anti-nuclear and fund-raising goals.  In order to please that employer and

its ignorant or dishonest contributor base, he must walk a thin line between

truth and not-truth or less-than-truth.

I was an anti-nuke and an active supporter of the UCS for several years.

However, I had the opportunity to compare what they wrote with hard evidence

that I could see and touch.  What they wrote did not match the facts.  That

is why I am not pro-nuke.

Don Kosloff

dkosloff1@msn.com

2910 Main St. Perry OH 44081