Re: From NCI- News Hours Transcript 11/2/01; Focus- Nuclear Safeguards

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 08:38:14 -0500

From: John M Priest Jr <priestj@DTEENERGY.COM>

Subject: Re: From NCI- News Hours Transcript 11/2/01; Focus- Nuclear

Safeguards

If I want to read that type of information I go to the CBS website and

listen to Dan Rather

whine. This radsafe server was meant to be a professional exchange of health

physics

information not a propaganda avenue for the anti's.

Sandy Perle wrote:

> There is absolutely nothing wrong with Norm forwarding what is IN the

news, be it

> printed media, or, TV/radio. What Norm posted is WHAT is being fed to the

public. We

> NEEd to know what is being said, don't we?  There isn't anything different

about what

> Norm posted than what I find on the wire services.

> If Norm WEREN'T an anti-nuke, nothing would have been said. I suggest that

> everybody who seems to relish taking potshots at Norm, evaluate what they

are

> attacking. Instead of attacking Norm, how about attacking the information

being fed to

> the public. Simply attacking a message here on Radsafe is the "easy way"

out. How

> many of you are actually taking a retort back to the source? If so, you

are doing all of

> us a service. If not, then I simply say ... attack the message, not the

messenger.

> AND, before anyone insinuates that I have somehow taken on an anti-nuke

posture...

> HELL NO!!  I do believe in freedom of speech. Isn't that what we have

thousands of

> our young men fighting for at this very moment? If you disagree with that,

perhaps you

> need to re-assess your beliefs on democracy.

> Respectively submitted.

> Sandy Perle                             Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800)

548-5100