RE: Nukes in Space...

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Thomas J Savin wrote:

> HMMMmmmmmmm - let me think here for just a second.  Yes I know what will happen

.  Since the earth rotates faster than the moon - The earth will reel in the moon

 , then the moon will collide with the earth and both are now on there way to hit

 the sun and be absorbed!  WOW! We do not have to worry about the travels of

 waste shipments form nuclear facilities. The good ol' sun will take care of

 everything. Enjoy?

	Basic Physics: No forces between the Earth and the moon can affect

the motion of the center of gravity of the Earth-moon system. It is that

center of gravity that orbits the sun, so there would be no effect on that

orbit.