RE: radioactive rocks

Also - if the shield blocks contain Barite (sometimes commonly referred to

as "Barite Blocks"), the possibility for Ba-133 exists within the walls.

But, this is probably not applicable to the gravel below the floor.  For the

gravel, you should expect the natural uranium and thorium constituents at a

minimum.  As stated below, for concrete exposed to a neutron flux, the first

anthropogenic isotopes detected are usually Europium 152 and 154 (based on

my experiences).  Which brings me to the question - Why is that?  I've never

took the time to research the answer.  Are they a product of activation?

Or, are they a product of natural uranium fission in the concrete?  Someone

please enlighten me.

Rodney Bauman, CHP, RRPT

Project Health Physicist

Bechtel Jacobs Company, LLC