Effective point of measurement within the well of dose calibrator

Dear Radsafers,

  My findings in dose calibrators measurements of some vial check

source(resin type) showed deviation in  5%- 10% . As the manufacturer of

dose calibrator gave their calibrator factor for each type of isotope in

its nominal value in their product production. It is quite common that the

calibration measurements for dose calibrator are not explicitly described,

particularly in the effective point of measurement within the well. Some

dose calibrator even showed a change of response within the well up by 20%

in position variation.

   I am looking for the standard protocols for the dose calibrator in the

effective point of measurement aspect.

   Thank you for any help in the information provision.

John Lam, HK