RE: "Dangerous" nuclear plants

Norm,

I will pass up the opportunity to make sport of your expressed need for more

"wind."  It seems we have plenty of that.

But, I will comment on your implication that nuclear plants should be

replaced with wind power.  I am an avid outdoorsman and wildlife enthusiast;

former Audubon Soc. member, and member of the American Birding Association.

I edited the currently used field guide on bird watching locations in

Western Pennsylvania.  As such, I have a huge gripe with wind farms,

windmills, etc.  These facilities kill multiple thousands of migrating

passerines (warblers, finches, etc.) each year.  Not to mention that their

appearance and noise are a blight on any landscape.

Those who oppose nuclear plants will need to come up with a better

alternative than wind power.

Bates Estabrooks

Facility Safety-EUO Restart

BWXT Y-12