Re: lochbaum on nuke plant aging

dear mr. norman cohen,

i, as well as others on this list i'm sure, would very much appreciate

improved dialog on your part in response to the discussions you initiate.

by this i do not imply more quotes from whomever you received your

information from in the first place (e.g. lochbaum, ucs, etc.), but your

'personal' reply to the many in-depth counterpoints that so many people on

this list go out of their way to supply you (us) with.  i attempt to not be

hasty in my initial judgement of others, so let me just leave it at the fact

that, though i feel you may have a good heart, i have as of yet no positive

opinion of you with respect to your ability to contribute to the discussions

on the list.  at this point you appear to be merely a middle-man uncapable,

or unwilling, to reply in such a personal nature to these intellectual

challenges.  without your improved contribution, the efforts of those on

this list would be much more effective directed to the originators of your

'quotes', than to be directed at you and lost in cyberspace.  my own

counterpoint, though; regardless of all the hubbub that surrounds your

association with radsafe,  i am intellectually benefiting from the

corresponding information/knowledge that is provided by the many

professionals on this list.  i understand that this is a facet of your job

(i.e unplug), but i do challenge you to 'lay it on the line' and answer such

simple questions as those below.  here's where i become somewhat arrogant.

imho, you cannot honestly answer this challenge.  science and logic

inherently undermines and refuts the arguements of those whom you represent.

help me understand a little more and come to an opinion on you.  i do

apologize in advance for the crassness of what i'm about to say.  following

are a couple hypothetical descriptions of you.  you are opposed to the human

propensity to over-rely on/excessively use energy sources, and feel as

though you're doing your part by being anti-nuclear power.  you at one time

honestly believed the nuclear-power industry was a major threat to the

safety of the people, such that the risks greatly outweighed the benefits.

you have been exposed to great amounts of information which, one would think

in the search for truth, would lead you to competently research both sides

of the argument.  with this in mind,  you have either realized your previous

beliefs have been dispelled and are aware of the misleading and dishonest

nature of those you follow,  or you are ignorant of science and controlled

by the emotion of those around you and used to their benefit.  please,

please give me some insight as to your nature; i believe the list does have

the right to get more personal with you in light of the dynamic between

radsafe and yourself.

ps/more two cents - you seem very passionate in your work, and i would wager

that you heart is in the right place.  i feel you would be more beneficial

to society placing all you efforts in a more respectable arena

i hope for peace too,

ed