Re: what news is relevant

I would agree with Sandy if the anti-nukes (I will not mention names) would actually engage in rational discussion and even admit they ware sometimes wrong.  We scientists are asked to figuratively beat our breasts and tear our hair over every error or misjudgment as if it harbingered the end of the world.  However, the anti-nuclear people respond to technical challenges with wildly fictional arguments.  When there is no longer any technical merit at all to their arguments, they say (to paraphrase, not quote) "it's politics, it's how we feel, it's the perception" .  Sandy, they are the "ostriches."

By the way, for those of you who are interested:  I have had no response from Dr. Gottfried. the Chairman of the Board of the Union of Concerned Scientists.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com