Re: Dr Bertell - Comments on the History of Permissable Dose Standards

I pulled out my copy of "No Immediate Danger" to find out how people in the

USA receive their exposure to radiation.  I found the answer on pages 87 and

88; it is TENR:  "This 'technologically enhanced natural background

radiation' (TENR) now ranks first as a source of individual internal

radiation exposures in the USA, ahead of medical and radiopharmaceutical

exposures.  It ranks a close third, after medical and radio-pharmaceutical

exposures, as a source of general population dose.  This TENR ranking is due

primarily to the lung dose from inhalation of radon dissolved in natural gas

and trapped in well insulated homes."  Not a word about nuclear power

plants.  So anyone who believes Dr. Bertell should be working to get natural

gas replaced by nuclear power.

Don Kosloff dkosloff1@msn.com

2910 Main Street, Perry OH 44081