PBMR reactor question

Hello all.

I am helping a middle school student group prepare some information

regarding a debate in class on nuclear power.  They are interested in the

PBMR technology and have done a great presentation so far.  However, I am in

need of help beyond what I know.  I hope someone on here could help me with

this information.

Today the anti's in the class presented some information regarding a

radiation leak in 1985 at the THTR-300 in Germany.  I have found some

information that it was due to a fuel sphere getting jammed in tube.

However, I am wondering where else I could find information regarding this

event or if someone has more knowledge they could forward me.  Was this a

one time event or was this type of jamming commonplace?  How has this been

corrected in the new reactor design?

I appreciate your time and help with this question.  Feel free to respond to

my email off the list to send me the information.

Thank you again.

Don

Don Williamson, Jr.

Graduate Research Assistant