Re: PBMR reactor question

Look here may you find something interesting here

http://www.iaea.org/inis/aws/htgr/index.html

http://pbmr.eskom.co.za

http://iriaxp.iri.tudelft.nl/~rfwww/theses.htmlx

Dr. Eugene Taviv

tel :+ 27118002718 (b)

fax: +27118003195 (b)

tel: :+27117868402 (h)

fax::+27118875702 (h)

cell: 082-3756540

E-mail:  Eugene.Taviv@eskom.co.za  (b)

E-mail:  Eugene.Taviv@freemail.absa.co.za (h)

ICQ UIN 151001

The perusal, use, dissemination, copying

 or storing of this message or its attachments and the opening of

attachments

 is subject to Eskom's standard email disclaimer

 available at internet address:

 www.eskom.co.za/disclaimer.htm or

on request from the sender.

>>> "Don Williamson, Jr" <williamson@STUDENTS.WISC.EDU> 12/20/01

12:17am >>>

Hello all.

I am helping a middle school student group prepare some information

regarding a debate in class on nuclear power.  They are interested in

the

PBMR technology and have done a great presentation so far.  However, I

am in

need of help beyond what I know.  I hope someone on here could help me

with

this information.

Today the anti's in the class presented some information regarding a

radiation leak in 1985 at the THTR-300 in Germany.  I have found some

information that it was due to a fuel sphere getting jammed in tube.

However, I am wondering where else I could find information regarding

this

event or if someone has more knowledge they could forward me.  Was this

one time event or was this type of jamming commonplace?  How has this

been

corrected in the new reactor design?

I appreciate your time and help with this question.  Feel free to

respond to

my email off the list to send me the information.

Thank you again.

Don

Don Williamson, Jr.

Graduate Research Assistant

1500 Engineering Drive

Madison, WI  53706

Tel:  (608) 265 4573

radsafe" (no quote marks) in the body of the e-mail, with no subject

line.