Re: Shipyard workers and references

 From: "jenday1" <jenday1@EMAIL.MSN.COM>

> Ted,

> Did the results not agree with the LNT, or was it a poorly study?  The

> latter is the criticism I heard.

Only after the fact; documented disinformation (for the gullible?)

>It makes no sense that if radiation caused

> cancer deaths, and the AEC(?) and Navy wanted to set the record straight,

> why would they want to bury the report?

Same reason you do. Defeating LNT means changing rules and giving up a gravy

train of funding!

>Do you think the Navy and DOE want to pay people for radiation-induced cancers?

Small price to keep the $$100s Millions TAXPAYER  funds flowing.

> That is certainly not the Navy I served in.

Seems unlikely "the Navy" figured you had a "need to know."

>They would want to proclaim to the world that their program

> protected rather than harmed the workers.

See study results that show large increases in mesothelioma from asbestos in

nuke and non-nuke workers!  People involved report that the Navy didn't want

that out (and not up to the Navy Nuke people!)

> Even if did not support the LNT, the fact that radiation-induced cancers

> could be identified would do more damage, both finacially and politically.

> Your arguement for suppression seems backwards.

Right. But they're not trying to destroy their programs. You need a more

comprehensive and objective view; and consider the info that program

participants have provided!

Jim