Re: Request for information

This may sound wierd, but you might try a paste made of 50% flour, 50% salt, mixed with enough water to make it workable.  This is essentially the homemade "Play-Doh" I used to make because I couldn't afford the commercial stuff.  It sticks to stainless steel (at least to stainless steel pots) and it dries thoroughly.  The major drawback is if you coat the can with this and let the coated can sit in an aqueous solution for any length of time, the salt will dissolve out and your stuff  will float off the can.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com