Re: Ship Yard Workers - John Boice

John,

 I have given time to study hormesis, which say you will not. You admonish me to

review authority (NCRP 136) rather than review data critically, as I asked of

you. Which is science?

The 12, one SD bars of Cohen show very smooth trend, with consistent 10% - 20%

less lung cancer mortality at 1 -5 pCi/l than with less radon. That is quite

unlike  Iowa outlier data, with small numbers.

The good news is that Ramsar 200msv/yr background giving radiation resistant

lymphocytes, other new studies and autopsy of old ones (Shipyard Workers),

revitalizes interest in HPs becoming therapists: pre-surgical, post accident,

ICU, cancer "vaccination", etc.We should have controlled experiments  soon.

Happy Holiday!

Howard Long