Re: Fw: Fw: Ship Yard Workers - John Boice

Gotcha, John!

Indeed, UV- (B? NOT the frequency blocked by ozone) is associated with

melanoma."Cases were more likely to burn than tan, - more moles, - and had less

sun exposure prior to diagnosis." (LLNLMelanoma Study).

However, rickets, a bone malformation from deficient vitamin D,  is well-known

to be prevented or cured by sunlight. This seems to refute the LNT for part of

the spectrum which includes x -and gamma rays!

Also, "Radiation deficiency" would be a better term than emdef, since other

ionizing radiation is intended for inclusion.

Howard Long