Re: Source of cancer data

In a message dated 01/03/2002 6:08:03 PM Pacific Standard Time, JohnWi@law.com writes:

Numerous studies have shown that smokers present a very good
approximation of their smoking.  There are some questions about the
validity of certain ethnic sub populations and young people.

As a smoker, who is not young, I find this really surprising, unless the ethnic subpopulation you are talking about is middle-class female suburban caucasians, in which case, since I'm one, I would find the validity of their answers questionable as well.

Barbara L. Hamrick