RE: Shipyard workers and references -- Second try

?? John,

Thought I had already sent additional refs:

"Hi Jack,

"Didn't mean to propose that particular paper/story was the one, just

that it's a good "take" on the discovery of such results. There are

dozens of such experiments, with totally consistent results, a few of

which are also at:

http://cnts.wpi.edu/rsh/Data_Docs/1-3/2/132list.html

"The Planel 1987 HPJ paper provides some insight on the history of their

results.

"Regards, Jim"

Ther are more, but not on the site. Not too many, after all, the funding

agents get to know what they don't want to see :-)

Does work with chemicals. "Hormesis" is intrinsic to biological

organisms (not to radiation), or life wouldn't be viable. Radiation is

just another physical stressor, like heat, that stimulates hsp80, p53,

bcl, SOD, and dozens of other genes, proteins, enzymes and other

signaling mechanisms to respond to strengthen the immune capacities,

repair mechanisms, e.g., cell cycle delay, to enhance fundamental

biological functions, resulting in better health and longevity. These

respond just the opposite at higher doses/stresses, producing toxic

effects, primarily a dose-rate (not dose) dependent response that

produces error in repairs. See, e.g.:

http://cnts.wpi.edu/RSH/Docs/Mitchel-Boreham/MitchelMunich01presentati_f

iles/Mitchel01MunichPres.htm

http://cnts.wpi.edu/RSH/Docs/Liu/Liu-Munich/Liu_Munich_2000.htm

and other papers at:

http://cnts.wpi.edu/RSH/Docs/index.html

We have many papers on this that should be added in the next month or

so. But you can find a lot on MedLine.

Regards, Jim

=========