Re: Re: wrong ruth

Ruth,

I think that is the problem.  There just isn't really good county

data on smoking prevalence.  Especially from 30 years ago which would

have been the appropriate data for Cohen to use.  I have been told

the BRFS collects summary data on that.

That is one reason I favor case-control and prospective cohort

studies.  You can get individual information on pack-rate smoked,

year started smoking, years smoked, etc.

The question also remains about why the strong inverse association

between county smoking rates and county radon levels?

Sent by Law  Mail