Lung cancer mortality from radon versus mortality from other cancers

Patricia,

At the recent ARRST/CRCPD International Radon Meeting http://www.aarst.org/

in Daytona Beach, Dr. Field pointed out that if the BEIR VI predictions are

accurate.  These 19,000 cancer deaths from radon exceed the total number of

cancer deaths for many forms of cancers.  You may be surprised if you check

how many cancer deaths there are from the following cancers: brain, breast,

prostate, bone, etc. each year.

Don Smith

>From: "Patricia Milligan" <PXM@nrc.gov>

Possibly, quite possibly, the radiological and chemical insults to our

bodies over the thousands of years is what directed our course of evolution.

  One would reasonably expect, given LNT and the large number of people in

the world, that the background cancer rate would be enormous.  In fact, they

are not.  As we know and has been told to us by the AMerican Cancer Society,

approximately 2/3 of the cancers in the US are "lifestyle" related cancers.

    Perhaps its time to consider that the  emperor may need a different set

of clothes.  At the very least, it is important to keep an open mind and

challenge the status quo.