Radon Effluent Levels

I have a question that I am hoping that RADSAFE can assist me in finding an answer.  A company I work for recently tested the effluent of a soil gas vapor extraction unit for radon gas.  The levels in the effluent ranged from 40 pCi/l to over 1,000 pCi/l depending upon the time of day, etc.  I have searched the EPA for guidance regarding radon but have not found anything that discusses airborne releases.  My question is does this fall under the CAA or is there other guidance that is applicable?  Is there any “controls” that should be instituted for this type of effluent?

Thanks for your help.

James Reese

Sr. Health Physicist

ERS Solutions, Inc.