RE: Lung cancer mortality and Radon in Nepal!!!!

Dov,

I agree that no matter the cause, lung cancer is a very dreadful way to die

and once your diagnosed chances of 5 year survival are not very good.

There appears to be synergism between smoking and radon exposure.  You can

not 100% identify a person who died from radon or from smoking.  One wonders

about the additive effects of polonium exposure from cigarettes(polonium

also is indirectly from radon) and polonium exposure from radon directly.

One can not tell if it was smoking or radon that caused someone's death.  I

see your point though, why worry about radon when you are already taking

part in a very self destructive behavior?

As I tell people who say, "should I be concerned about radon", I always ask

them if they smoke.  If they say yes, then I say quit smoking and then we

can discuss radon.

Don Smith