Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: Lung cancer mortality from radon versus mortality from other cancers

In a message dated 1/18/2002 11:35:16 AM Eastern Standard Time, pduport@uottawa.ca writes:

Cohort : Chinese tin miners
Number of measurements (Rn or Rn decay products) : 26500
Number of workers in the cohort : 13649
Number of measurements per worker : 1.94
Number of person.y : 17607
Average number of years of exposure : 1.3
Number of lung cancer cases : 936
ERR/WLM : 0.16   (0.1-0.2)

Could you please explain the correct meaning of ERR/WLM.  In gereral I hate to deal with acronyms and I want to understand what is being said.

Thanks.

Perhaps all RADSAFE should get the answer.

John Andrews
Knoxville, Tennessee