RE: Detectors

Steve:

Several chapters of the Health Physics Society are involved in the

presentation of Science Teacher Workshops that usually include some sort of

detector being provided to the attendees. You can check the chapter link at

HPS (below) to see if there's a chapter in your area that is involved in

this effort. These detectors are often old Civil Defense instruments and may

also be available through your state's radiation protection organization.

Regards,

Ben

ben.morgan@pgnmail.com

http://www.hps.org/aboutthesociety/organization/chapters.html