Re: Detectors

Steve,

The American Nuclear Society provides workshops and equipment.  see below

which I copied from their web site today.

snip>Detecting Radiation in Our Radioactive World

Learn how to use Geiger counters to detect radiation from background and

manmade sources. Teachers who complete the workshop receive a FREE CD-V700

analog Geiger counter, Teacher Handbook with ideas for classroom use,

instructions and information about radioactive sources that can be safely

used in the classroom. (Designed for grades 7-12. Applicable to all areas of

science instruction.)

Workshop locations and dates will be posted here as they are scheduled and

additional information added as it becomes available.<snip

Unfortunately they did not have any information on the next workshop.  The

information should be posted at

www.ans.org/pi/teachers/workshops/schedule.cgi

for further information you could try contacting them on outreach@ans.org

Regards