Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2002 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: NCRP Publication 121 and LNT

At 09:36 AM 1/26/02 -0800, John Johnson wrote:

My conclusion from all the discussions we had during drafting the report is that unless we can prove that ALL cancers have a threashold in ALL people it is prudent to assume LNT for radiation protection. This does not mean it should be applied to cost analysis, etc.
January 26, 2002
Davis, CA

Dear John:

I have never found any radiation-induced cancer that has a true linear dose-response relationship at low doses. Can you direct me to one?

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
(Street Address: Bldg. 3792, Old Davis Road)
University of California, Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe@ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754 FAX: (530) 758-6140