Re: Spatial Radon Variation

Gee whiz, talk about straining at gnats .... Amusing also was the

earlier scoffing at basement living space. We lived for at least a year

in a

basement apartment when a graduate student at the Univ. of Nebraska. In

those years, college town folks commonly rented basement apartments to

students. And the scoffing at lung cancer patients smoking? I wonder

where the rad health's have been all these years. Sure, it is in one

sense an

amazing contradiction, but it is not that uncommon - the individual

already has received the death sentence, so they continue doing what

they have

enjoyed. And is there anything unusual to see absolutely obese

individuals continue to grossly over eat? And then to use a linear

equation with no

threshold - the denial of LNT (!) is to admit that no threshold was

shown and that, really, linear or quadratic makes no difference anyway;

but this

has nothing to do with LNT ....  And then perhaps the fact that homes in

vast areas of the United States have no basements could be a mite pesky

neither do most apartment buildings have basement living space .... I'm

beginning more and more to think that a visit to Boulder Montana might

be a

beautiful trip.

Maury Siskel       maury@webtexas.com