Von: Michael Stabin <michael.g.stabin@vanderbilt.edu>

An: Radsafe <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Montag, 28. Jänner 2002 16:16

Betreff: offending

>>You just distributed the virus to eveyone on the Radsafe list.

>I don't believe that is true. I think everyone got the www link, which, if

>selected, may or may not hook you to a site that can infect your computer

>with a virus. The offending list member, who posted this several times, has

>been removed. My system claims to have removed all attachments before

>sending this file. If this is not true, please let me know (privately is

>better, we don't need 100 messages about this on the list), and I'll look

>into our security filters again. Thanks.

Mike,

I rather send this to the list to warn others: I do not know the original

posting, but you obviously refer to a virus, which seems to be propagated by

a message about party photos. I received it via RADSAFE (three times). I did

not open the attachment, because I do not know the sender and the "pressure"

to open it, was obvious. I just heard at TV, that this "party" virus is

spreading very fast over Europe. So, be careful!

Franz