Article: Irradiated mail

I thought people would like to know want irradiation does to your mail.

Rather than send the whole article, I have only included the first paragraph

and a Web link

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

3050 Traymore Lane

Bowie, MD  20715-2024

E-mail:  jenday1@email.msn.com (H)

To view the entire article, go to

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A58221-2002Jan29.html

A Recipe for Safe Mail

By Steve Twomey

Baked at 175 degrees, the government's mail must be set out to breathe these

days, like an opened bottle of wine. So the letters rest for hours in

circus-like tents in the parking lot of the shuttered Brentwood postal

facility, purging themselves of gases that have accumulated during

sanitization.

. . .