ASA CONFERENCE ON RADIATION AND HEALTH "Low Dose Radiation Effects."

Based on the discussions the last few weeks, this meeting may be of interest.

ASA (American Statistical Association) CONFERENCE ON RADIATION AND HEALTH

June 23 - 26, 2002, Deerfield Beach, Florida. This conference will be the 15th in a series of Conferences, that which began in 1981, on the health effects of radiation exposures.

The theme of the 2002 Conference is "Low Dose Radiation Effects." Scientific sessions, consisting of invited presentations by scientists actively engaged in research on the selected topic, will include medical diagnostic exposures, genetic susceptibility and sensitive sub-groups, alpha emitters and radon, novel low dose effects, and occupational studies. Presentations are comprehensive, without concurrent sessions, and have a format that allows for extensive discussion. In addition, presentations are limited to mornings and evenings so that participants have the opportunity for substantial and informal interactions outside the scientific sessions.
For more information, please contact Linda Minor of the Meetings Department at meetings@amstat.org or 703-684-1221 x148.

I am not sure there will be a lot of discussion concerning hormesis, but I may be wrong.  I have attended several of these conferences and the science is outstanding.  Perhaps others who previously attended these meetings could offer their opinion.

Regards, Bill

R. William Field, M.S, Ph.D.
College of Public Health
Research Scientist - Department of Epidemiology
Adjunct Professor - Department of Occupational and Environmental Health
Graduate Faculty - College of Public Health
N222 Oakdale Hall
University of Iowa
Iowa City, Iowa  52242

319-335-4413 (phone)
319-335-4748 (fax)
mailto:bill-field@uiowa.edu

College of Public Health   http://www.pmeh.uiowa.edu/index.html
************************************************************************ You are currently subscribed to the Radsafe mailing list. To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to Majordomo@list.vanderbilt.edu Put the text "unsubscribe radsafe" (no quote marks) in the body of the e-mail, with no subject line. You can view the Radsafe archives at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/